Fun with Filters

Rune

The biggest thing I've done, aside from swapping out Admin or username colors, is change some swear words to whatever my game's Universe uses instead.  As an example, think of the way Firefly used "Gorram" instead of God*amn, or the way the Haven of Valdemar book series uses "Sketi" instead of sh!t.  Even though it's an OOC box, adding those in always amused me.  I haven't done much else though.

I'd considered changing the Admin names to some overblown honorific.  "Her Glorious Majesty iReadYerMind" instead of just "iReadYerMind", for example. ^^

• I read this! 2

vhyn2f.jpg  2vubgx1.jpg

Guest Archaic Cyborg

You could use answers! So if someone posts 'is this site active?', filter it with 'this site is alive and well~', @KARA BELLA

Recently joined a site where every time someone says 'site' it's replaced with 'cult'.

When asked why they chose that, the response I got was "Is there really a difference?"

God they were so right. xD

• I read this! 5
  • LOL 1

LAMSig.png.4a4090b379562b2600cc05eefdbfa826.png

5 hours ago, mellomeme said:

Recently joined a site where every time someone says 'site' it's replaced with 'cult'.

When asked why they chose that, the response I got was "Is there really a difference?"

Ohman. Stealing this one.

• I read this! 4

• 6 months later...

"Is this site active?" -> "Wow, this site is so active!"

Freaked out a guest, somehow ended up talking to them on another site they were looking at.

• I read this! 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • LOL 1

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

PS "Is this site active" is just a cop-out for starting a conversation because they don't know what else to say and aren't that invested right now. They can see very well if the site is active or not for themselves.

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

• Admin

I think that it actually depends on the site nowadays. I mean, as a directory admin, it's not always easy to tell that a site is active anymore. People remove dates from the board index and even sometimes from the topic lists. Not just that finding a topic that is recent in a sea of forums can be hell. So while it may be a bane to most for some sites this is an actual needed thing. @xexes @SithLordOfSnark

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Admin

I like to add titles to peoples names. With the new cBox here it would be filtering it all over the forum however.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

12 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I like to add titles to peoples names. With the new cBox here it would be filtering it all over the forum however.

Salty now. Salty forever.

• Admin

I could just rename you to Salty @Rune

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• Admin

Too true! Such a catch 22. @Rune

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

On 7/28/2016 at 6:02 AM, mellomeme said:

LOL. Dunno how I missed this thread or if I'd just forgotten about it, but I love it. Also, stealing that idea here. There really isn't a difference. >.> <.<

13 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I like adding symbols to names, or changing colors. Adding a title should be fun.

Cbox filtering is one of my favorite things to play with. I have a juvenile sense of humor and I am okay with this.

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!