Wanted Ads

Samantha

2 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Like I said. If I have to hunt I will give up.

Hmmm, so I made a template that people will use to post their wanted ads (each wanted add will be it's own thread), but given this, should I make some kind of master list? Do you think it would be easier for new members to see if they can look at the masterlist and click on it to be brought to the full thread where the whole wanted ad is posted?

azqw7jG.png

On Ark we just have a sub forum in the "Plotting" section -- since usually wanted ads are picked up for the plot value. Each player creates one (or multiple) threads for their wanteds. We don't regulate the wanted ads other than general rules set so that everyone is on the same page with the "what happens if they take the character a direction I don't want" or "what happens if they drop the character" type stuff, but the ads themselves can be any template and style. (I have a BBcode option for wanted ads that is entirely optional; some people have used them, others have not.)

That said, 

I have always wished I could figure out how to make some kind of searchable directory for wanted ads -- because I, like Morrigan, just wander away if I can't find one I like in the first few clicks. 

I have seen wanted ads sub forums organized into a few different ways, and I think it's sometimes useful depending on what kind of site you're running: (For instance, it's a big deal what gender a character is if you're running a traditional-rules DRoP site, because being a specific gender dictates what roles your character can have in the community. XD)

Male | Female | Other/Mixed

Human | Werewolf | Vampire | Other/Mixed

Romantic | Platonic | Occupational | Other/Mixed

tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

• Admin

For me, yes @Samantha I prefer the short and sweet that's easy to find but it can't just be a list of "character names wanted" because that's as useful as a thread title. I need to know at least a tagline about the character: "Drug Dealer Best friend", "Best Friend turned lover" "Wife with a drinking problem" etc.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.