Time Management

StormWolfe

I think the list with links and details might be easier than an actual calendar because:

1) the calendar gives you the overview for that day. My calendar tracker gives the month's overview and it is easier to seek for a date when x ship was in x port to set a thread then, to see what happened in the past days to connect with the events. And yes, it helps you see' how your character's actions fits into the patchwork of the entire story.

Even in the town I have seen people in the same neighbourhood who didn't acknowledge the fire just happened a day ago, and weren't strolling among ruins...

2) not sure if there are calendars for the years I am writing in... (1700s)

I don't dispute point 1, as for some people, it is easier! However, for me, there are a few things that make me think that a calendar will work better for me.

1) It's visual. As a visual thinker I find it easier if everything is laid out in a grid. Especially because some events can occur concurrently. If everything is laid out on a month grid I find it easier to visualise everything that is happening. If I don't use a calendar, I'll use a spreadsheet, so the layout is important to me.

2) As an admin, I prefer to enable members to manage themselves. So giving them the ability map out their own plots all in one place, works for me. The problem with a post timeline is that members can not add to it. 

3) I don't want to limit how many ships or other factions there are. (I believe you have a limit? I completely appreciate why! But it's not something I want.) To make the work load easier for me, an option that allows members to self-manage helps me.

A software that allows me to set the year is the big thing! 

I'll still do monthly newsletters and all that jazz, because I think that drawing all the plot points together into a cohesive narrative is very useful too. But a member managed option will assist in keeping tack of events between newsletters.

• I read this! 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png