Run, Lo-Fi, Run

Guest Lo Fidelity

Guest Lo Fidelity

Hi! I'm lo-fi! I'm around on a lot of the other RP resource forms and if this community is made up of infinite intersecting circles (who knows!) then I probably know some of you already from sweet, sweet overlap. I'm friendly! I'm weird! I'm talkative as all hell! I don't bite anymore since my front teeth bridge fell out last week and I'm still trying to get some dentistry hero to do the work I need to fix it/me! I escaped the swampy, subtropical south (Florida) and am hanging in limbo, cosmically stuck about halfway in the states (Ohio) and biding my time. I like films, books, and music.

• How long have you been RPing? Years. Since middle school. But I take a lot of long naps and sudden journeys. I've been back on the scene for, like, a year now, but before that I'd been hibernating for five like some ol' bear.
  • What are your favorite RP genres? I like surreality, unreality, and superreality! Haha. I just like my stuff weird with a strong dose of genre-savvy and tongue-in-cheek. Currently, I play speculative/science-fiction. But if it's campy and strange enough I dig just about anything I can get my claws into. I only play on one game, but I hang out with and read and follow a lot of others. I'm a big reader! I'm a fan. 🙂 
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Forum. I need a board to stretch out on. I tried one-on-one before but I just don't stand up as strong without a community.
  • What country are you from? U.S. I come from the part of Florida that rattles brains and eats faces. The inland swamps can drive a man crazy.
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? Uh, I have a lot of favorites. I like Heinrich Boll, V.S. Naipaul, Norman Mailer, Virginia Woolf, Djuna Barnes, Philip Roth, Updike, Robertson Davies, Muriel Spark, Louise Erdrich, Stephen Wright, etc. etc. etc. I keep one book alive at a time, but I'm honestly not reading as much as I used to. I supplement with a lot of film (FILMSTRUCK STREAMING, HECK YEAH) and music, anything from power pop to new wave to post new waveish stuff to sophistipop to jingle jangle pop to etc. etc. etc. I could make up a thousand words (and sometimes I do) but long story short I'm a sucker for melody and codas. A coda will get me every time! I like a lot movies too. My favorite is Network. 
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? I'm head over heels for my husband. Target is my favorite store. I am unreasonably giddy about firefly season. I can damn near quote Futurama and The Simpsons.
  • What's your favorite color? Don't have one. You should ask an artist? Pressed, I'd say gray. That's how unartistic I am!
  • What's your favorite drink? I... Dr. Pepper? I guess? 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to think that the teeth thing is related to your escape from Florida.

Also, hi.  I get the reference of your title, but sadly, I never got to see the end of the film.  And Netflix doesn't have it.

WoL___dark01.png

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Lo Fidelity! We're glad to have you. I love Dr Pepper myself. I'm also a huge Sci-Fi person.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I just got back into forums a year ago. I was on a site that mainly dabbled with one-on-one roleplay, and it was fun, but I miss the community aspect to roleplay, having the chance for everyone or anyone to join a thread lol. It's far more fun that way 😜

My sites

Blur the LinesGrand Finale

• 3 weeks later...

@Lo Fidelity

Welcome to the Initiative, and before I get any further, I feel like I need to have you go google the Florida Man reddit forum. I was just in the UK for an extended period of time, and one of my good friends from the southern part of England introduced me to Florida man. Apparently he's an international phenomena and all over the news there. When something gets messed up, it's because of Florida man. It made me laugh. I'd never heard of something so ridiculous. ANYWAY, if you have any questions or what have you, please reach out to myself or any member of the staff. I'm sure you're already enjoying yourself here, so I'm looking forward to chatting with you out in the forums! Don't be a stranger! xoxo ❤️ 

Ad.png