As a staff member, what would you like to see more of in the roleplay community?

Morrigan

Message added by Morrigan

• Admin

We all love to see things grow and change and our members to be awesome but what would you like to see more of in the roleplay community from the perspective of a staff member?

For me it would be my members talking out their differences or finding ways to co-exist if they can't come to a reasonable solution.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

competent people that read the documents game-makers create for everyone to read

It definitely wouldn't hurt to have more collaborative plotting and character development, but not everyone is at that level. My hope is staying at a roleplay long enough, players will begin trying new things.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 3

Much of the above I agree with! Members plotting and being excited about writing (and develop their characters through roleplay is cool to see)

I love to see  involvement of members in world building/creating. I  always  like to ask  input/ideas. I just really like the idea of a collaborative community.  I wish there was more of it, too! 

Edited by Captain Luna
  • Agree 3

spacer.png

SCI-FI ORIGINAL RPG

On 6/20/2019 at 12:37 PM, Libby said:

To see real world building collabs between players and staff. It's more than just the staff creating a world and plots and driving story-line. But a deep investment on both parts to build a world together. I feel like it's become too 'us vs them' and so many people forget that the staff create characters and write alongside players. The only difference really is the behind the scenes 'staff' stuff to run the function of the game. We're still players at heart.

Oh my God, this this this.

I don't know how many times we've tried to get players into leadership positions or to help drive plots, but no one truly seems interested. It seems like it's up to the admin to figure everything out and hold all the member's hands through our ideas. It's exhausting to be the center of every plot. 

Also, less drama. It seems to be something that comes with the territory but it really shouldn't be. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 3

As a staff, I always want to see activity.  Coming up with new and fun entertaining ways to get everyone involved and really enjoying things is always what I strive for.  I want people to to WANT to be there....and say there.  You can't always do the same boring things.. you gotta look outside the box.

• Agree 1
  • Love 2

I would like to see less out of character petty drama that can end up on my desk so to speak - that as Morrigan said they could talk their issue out and not come running to MOM.

I too agree that it can be overwhelming when they only want to write with staff- ugh not enough of me!

I would also like members that did not ask for a position in a group and then drop it because for some messed up reason they just wanted to feel like top dog...FFS peeps its writing not real life

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Rune said:

This is a weird one, but I'd like to see staff members of closing sites offering places for their members to go to. 

I realize that sounds ridiculous. What I'm thinking is that you know your site is closing. You know your genre, you've dropped ads on their sites. Suggested those sites to your members when you post your goodbye. Even if its just reminding people that your affiliates exist.

I'd also like to see people losing the idea of "poaching." You can be a member on multiple sites. Not every site works for everyone. That's okay.

I actually really like the idea of a closing site giving its members options. Because I feel like most of those members will be looking for another site in the same or similar genre so that could definitely be helpful to anyone that would like to start with some suggestions to work off of. Especially if they're wanting to stay writing with that site's memberbase who might be more likely to join those sites also. 

I'm going to echo what others have said and say more big plots and world building from players. It's not something I've seen a lot of in the past, but I'm hoping to actively encourage it when I open. I think, for me as an admin that will mean saying yes a lot and maybe picking up the pieces of things that don't quite work - but even those things which are failures, that I'm sure will be failures, might encourage other players to be brave and make suggestions.  

• Agree 2
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, a lot less bulky, awkward group threads with huge moving components that take 100 years, frequently stall out and essentially just say the same thing: "It was space battle. We got hit in the port nacelle and are dead in the water! But then... we won." The software we use makes large, site-wide, plotty group posts seem intuitive, and they seem like something you'd be interested in, but they turn out to be very tedious and time consuming. I've started implementing a system to combat this where I write out the big 'bang!' and then people can (optionally) cluster off into smaller sections and either narrate their reactions or write scenes they're interested in during that period.

• Like 1

prombutton.gif.4e1b8312b0a3ebfb0391e63b7642d233.gif *  
{  18+ star trek | sandbox | no wc/ac | lazy lit   } NOVA  }