problem with members

Anonymous

Honestly, I would leave them be, but also not be willing to ignore rules or make excuses for them if their behavior is being disruptive or holding up threads. So, if you have a (hypothetical) rule stating "people involved in group threads should post in (x) days after the prior post or be skipped", skip them.

If by being inactive on specific threads they lose their position, let them. Not to be harsh, but to keep within the rules of your roleplay. No need to tell them to stop writing so much with each other or force them into threads they don't want.

The only thing I might consider doing would be talk to them to see if they want to drop the threads they have with other members so they won't hold them up waiting for a resolution that won't come. Other than that, I'd let them do their thing as long as they're not actively breaking any rules.

• Agree 1

Shady McShaderson

Yes, this is a hobby, I believe that you can RP with who you like.

I am not sure that it would be productive for a staff member to step in, in this case. I consider this the sort of thing that is on member shoulders unless they ask me to step in. If someone asks me to step in, my intent is not to growl at them for doing what they enjoy, but to see if there's another problem and what we can do to address it. If there is no problem, just gently remind them that they do have people waiting who are really keen to post with them (which is a really nice place to be in). Honestly though? Usually there's a problem. Minor or not.

I will note that I've seen people get salty when people kept promising posts and not doing them. The promise was meant to let people know that they were not forgotten and the intent to reply is still there, but it effectively rubbed salt into the wounds. Just something for RPers to keep in mind.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

It's my opinion that there are a few different things to do in this situation, depending on your community and what kind of admin you want to be. 

1) Make the snubbed players deal with it. As the admin, it isn't your job to force people to play with each other. There is no way to enforce it. If the players who have posts owed to them are getting sick of waiting, tell them to talk to those other folks. Either post or drop the thread, stop people from waiting. 

2) If this behavior makes you uncomfortable, you can approach the players and let them know this. You can tell the exactly what you expect of them, where they have crossed the line so they will know when not to do it again. 

3) Do nothing. Again, it isn't your job to make people RP with each other.

4) Ask them to leave, if the potential reward of talking to them about the issue isn't worth the actual talk with them but you don't want them around. 

• Agree 1