Open Coterie  ·  58 members

Gamers

Favorite Sim builder type games

Morrigan

• Admin

Jurassic World: Evolution is one of my favorites along with Surviving Mars and Planetbase. I have a love for resource management games.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLAY FROSTPUNK. Sim city management but it's steampunk and everything's frozen. I love it.

Planet Coaster! I love Planet Coaster.

want to check out Two Point Hospital.

Does Crusader Kings 2 count? I also enjoy that. 

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 4 weeks later...

These are my jam, ya'll.

I haven't been able to get Jurassic Park: Evolution yet! It is on my wishlist!

I second the need for people to play Frostpunk! It's one of my favorite city/management games ever. I also love Surviving Mars and Planetbase. Planet Coaster is also great great fun! I love it. Reminds me of old Roller Coaster tycoon games.

Two Point Hospital is fun for the first 5 missions or so, then it kind of lost it's charm for me. The events were repetitive, and opening up new things in the later levels didn't seem to help too much.

Kingdoms and Castles is a nice little quick to start up city building/kingdom sim with Tower Defense elements. I really enjoyed that, even if some of the mechanics of gameplay frustrated me at times.

Prison Architect is probably one of top 5 favorite management/builders, and I love that you can blueprint stuff before building anything. Also alongside this is Banished which is one of my favorite little management survival builder sandboxes.

For ones with specific missions, Pharaoh/Cleopatra, Lethis - Path of Progress, the entire Tropico franchise, and Hearthlands are amazing little kingdom/city builders with management that also progress a story and have specific building goals. There are some other games that came out with Pharaoh/Cleopatra from the same company, but I did not enjoy them as much.

On the Eh it's okay side of things, I enjoyed Towncraft okay. I really like Oxygen Not Included, but I can't give it a recommendation until its out of Early Access, Parkitect came out right before Planet Coaster, and where Planet Coaster shines, Parkitect fails.

I have a ton of these types of games, but the above are what left the most impressions on me.

• 3 years later...

I really love Planet Zoo, it just has so much replayability and I don't seem to get tired of it. 

Two Point Hospital is really fun every now and then - it gives me nostalgia for Theme Hospital, if anyone remembers that one. 

Rimworld has to be my favorite right now though - I just love the humor, randomness and how it is relaxing and sometimes super stressful at the same time. Really recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it! 

32931973_SAgif(1).gif.746e26b022202f76c8b58022c38b9a76.gif