Open Coterie  ·  58 members

Gamers

Dragon Age

Garmr

Qsim.gif

Discuss Dragon Age here!

@Jones What race did you choose for your Warden?

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

@Garmr I am boring and chose to just be a human rogue. Bows are always my go to playstyle but they're pretty weak in this instance. I keep switching over to Morrigan in battle so probably should have gone with a mage. 

• Like 1

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

@Jones I understand the archery. I went archer my first round but I went mage the second time round.

• Like 1

Respice Finem

@Jones @Garmr I used my modly powers for good maybe.

Isn't there a bow skill that suddenly ramps up the difficulty of the game?

On my DAO playthrough I had a dual weapon rogue. I loved her.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

@Kit the HumanThat'll work. Even if you evily put Varric and his glorious chest hair out there.

Oddly I had the best time playing a dwarven warrior that was built like a tank but that was in DA:I. Rest of my party would be dead and my inquisitor would still be hacking away going "tis but a scratch'

Edited by Garmr

Respice Finem

Lmao, it's probably for the best @Kit the Human I never know when to shut up when it comes to DA. :x And yes, it's always the chest hair Varric. Always. 😏

@Garmr Dwarves are tough as rocks. One of my favorite parts of DAO so far is Oghren yelling "I'm not dead! I'm not dead!" when he revives. 😂 Also he totally hits on Wynne which is just great. 

I'm not sure if any of the bow skills make the game harder. I hadn't really noticed. I just find compared to other weapons the archery attacks don't do much damage. Plus my silly Warden keeps using her stunning scattershot thingy immediately after I use Morrigan's sleep spell to put mobs down. They all wake up instantly and it's super annoying. lol. I really need to update the tactics so she doesn't do it anymore.

R6MmD.png

I think you can go in and adjust what attacks they use if they're not under your direct control. I know its an ability in DA:I but I think they had it as way back as DA:O. Otherwise your party stupidly lets themselves die when they could be drinking a damn healing potion. I remember screaming at the screen until my spouse explained it to me.

Respice Finem

12 hours ago, Jones said:

I'm not sure if any of the bow skills make the game harder.

I swear I read it somewhere. The game reads one of the abilities as being OP and adjusts accordingly. Of course, I can't find it now. I did find a guide that does say that archery is less effective and efficient than the other builds.

Oghren's and Zevran's relationship with Wynne gives me a bit of life. But my true love is Shale.

5 hours ago, Garmr said:

I think you can go in and adjust what attacks they use if they're not under your direct control.

I remember the tactics thinger in DAO being very detailed. It was pretty great.

You can also find me at:

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

And I now have the urge to play more DA:I. Eventually I want to finish Origins, but couldn't use controller on the PC.

Oh Shale... how we miss thee and wish you had shown up as a cameo in DA:I. Perhaps in DA 4 you will return to us.

Respice Finem

2 hours ago, Garmr said:

Oh Shale... how we miss thee and wish you had shown up as a cameo in DA:I. Perhaps in DA 4 you will return to us.

That would have been great.  At least a little mention would have been nice. You know the village you meet him in is Cullen's home town. It's funny he came up though, I was just chatting with a friend last night about who I would caste for what DA characters and we couldn't agree on an actor for Shale. I am set Terry Crews or Dave Batista (he has the weird skin thing going for him in Guardian's of the Galaxy). But she headcasts Dominic Purcell. I'm not sure there's enough difference in them physically to swing one way or the other. 😅 Muscles yo.

R6MmD.png

@Jones You get mentions of Shale in DA II and there is the book Dragon Age: Asunder where you see Shale after the events of DA:O. Although, going to admit that if you're going to read the Dragon Age books the better one is The Masked Empire. There you meet Felassan who is actually one of the more fascinating DA characters.

Respice Finem

19 hours ago, Garmr said:

Although, going to admit that if you're going to read the Dragon Age books the better one is The Masked Empire. There you meet Felassan who is actually one of the more fascinating DA characters.

You've never been more right.

Last Flight is really only interesting because of it's implications. Masked Empire is easily the best of the DA novels.

On 9/28/2018 at 11:41 AM, Jones said:

At least a little mention would have been nice. You know the village you meet him in is Cullen's home town. It's funny he came up though, I was just chatting with a friend last night about who I would caste for what DA characters and we couldn't agree on an actor for Shale.

That's probably why Shale doesn't turn up in DAI. Cullen would've been squished.

You can also find me at:

I haven't read any of the novels. I haven't even played DA2 yet 🤦‍♀️ Just this still unfinished playthrough of DA:O and a full playthrough of Inquisition. Oh, and I watched that one animated movie where Cassandra falls in love with the mage dude. 

Guess I need to get on being a proper fan. 

R6MmD.png

18 hours ago, Kit the Human said:

That's probably why Shale doesn't turn up in DAI. Cullen would've been squished.

And all the Cullenites cried out in despair. I didn't realize how popular Cullen was of a character (to me he's kinda 'meh") until I ran into the dedicated Cullen fangirls... ho boy.

@JonesI enjoyed the Cassandra anime. I liked the fact that they tossed a nod to it in DA:I ... if you put Bull and Cassandra in a party Bull will bring it up. Then again I generally enjoy the banter between Cassandra and Bull, especially if your inquisitor is romancing Cassandra.

Respice Finem